Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reason 216 Why I Love Being A Mom: Emotions Amplified

I was warned while i was pregnant that being a parent will make you feel love, happiness, frustration, sadness, etc like you've never felt before. So i nodded knowing that'd be true but had no idea until Zoey physically came into my life!

I was walking with her in my Maya wrap the other day and just felt this incredible, overwhelming sense of love for this tiny (well relatively, she's a big girl to me!) being i had pressed against me. And it wasn't like she was doing anything cute, either sleeping or looking around, on that walk.

Yes she frustrates me beyond belief at least once a day (during her 'witching' hour in the evening usually) but she also makes me happier than anything when she gives me that (now toothy!) smile! They say it takes a few positive things to cancel out one negative thing but with her she can be fussy or screaming a few times and only one instance of her being an angel will cancel out those bad days.

I am beyond blessed to have her and so thankful for her. Because of her i am forced to look at myself a bit harder and fix the things that i need to fix to be the best mother i can be to her. And her happiness (and her daddy's) is the only thing in the world i will work hard to ensure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment