Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A 'Reason' Break

happy daddy time

This is a more personal entry that I have debated sharing. But I feel there have been moments the past 7 months that I'd like to explain as they were not the real me and I dont want anyone to get the wrong impression of me (though many may have been unaware since I try to only post happier things and save you all the frustrations I have encountered). Since having my darling Zoey I have had very severe mood swings and this intense negativity towards everything. I am generally an optimistic, positive person who tends to only see the good in people but lately I've been very negative about everything. After a horrible day, I finally put two and two together: postpartum depression? It's not so often that it gets in the way of me enjoying motherhood but there are sporadic days that have made me worry about who I am after Zoey. Now that I realize it's hormonal and not a new 'me' I tell myself when my thoughts go south that it's temporary hormonal-ness.

I am very blessed that I have understanding family and a few friends who have encountered me at my worst and not held it against me and realize that that is not the true me. I have an amazing husband who, while going through his own experiences after deployment, has been very patient with me. So I thank him, and you, for the patience you have shown me! I love being a mother and I try very hard to evoke a positive environment for my husband, my baby, and the rest of my family. This will not get in my way of enjoying life and all the blessings that have been passed my way. That picture above shows the reason I stay positive and happy; I do everything I can for them and their happiness <3